Sunday, December 15, 2013

#7- Robert F. Peckham Courthouse and Federal Building



Robert Francis Peckham was a federal judge on the United States District Court for the Northern District of California who lived from 1920 to 1993.  The courthouse serves Santa Clara, San Benito, Santa Cruz, and Monterey counties.  Next to the courthouse is the Federal Building and Social Security Administration.  Outside of the building is a monument which commemorates the thousands of Japanese and Japanese Americans who suffered in internment camps during WWII.  The monument is actually very beautiful.


Me trying to blend in by sitting next to my fellow Asians, lol

Unfortunately, the Social Security Administration was closed when I went.  The security guard wouldn't even let me take a picture inside the building, so he made me hold the door open and take a picture with it facing outside.


I'm not sure why that was, because right across the way at the United States District Court they let me take pictures inside, and also gave me a piece of paper stamped with 'Inspected by US Marshals'.





No comments:

Post a Comment